Location: The property is located 4 +/- miles east of Highway 99 at the end of Sankey Road. Situated 2 +/- miles southeast of the town of Pleasant Grove, California on the Sutter County/Placer County line. The address is 6001 Sankey Road, Pleasant Grove, CA 95668
Legal: The property is made up of two (2) parcels that total 820.40 +/- assessed acres and are further described as Placer County Assessor Parcel Numbers:
017-130-030-510 – 186.5 assessed acres
017-090-059-000 – 633.9 assessed acres
Zoning: 80 acre minimum parcel size.
Use: The entire property is planted to approximately 760 +/- acres of Chandler walnuts on VX-211 (488 +/- acres) and RX-1 (272+/- acres) rootstock. The rootstocks were planted in 2015 and approximately 30% of the ranch was budded to Chandler variety walnuts in September of 2015 with the remaining 70% of the ranch budded to Chandler variety walnuts in May of 2016. The orchard is planted with north/south rows on 26’ X 22’ square spacing. The orchard was graded and ripped 2 to 3 ways with a 7 foot shank using D-11s and a D-10 and was slip ploughed prior to planting. There is a 15 +/- acre headquarters area & equipment yard which was designed for the possible future construction of a walnut huller/dryer in mind.
Soils: The soils on this ranch are comprised of loam and clay loam soils. The recent extreme winter rains of 2016- 2017 have tested the ranch for drainage and water runoff ability and the ranch has proven to be a very well drained property that will have minimal flooding and standing water issues. Detailed soil analysis available upon escrow as well as local PCA soil recommendations.
Price: $19,250,000 or $23,475 per acre. Cash to Seller.
Water: The property is irrigated by six irrigation pumps and wells and also has a seventh well available for back up use if ever needed. The well production is designed for approximately 11,000 +/- GPM with additional reserve well water available. The water is delivered to the orchard via drip irrigation. The property is also located in the South Sutter Water District but does not receive district water. Water quality and quantity reports are available upon escrow.
(3) 250 H.P. Irrigation pumps & wells (2 with variable frequency drives and 1 soft start)
(3) 150 H.P. Irrigation pumps & wells (1 with variable frequency drive and 2 soft starts)
(1) Irrigation well (reserve)
Improvements: 7 gated entrances and 3 +/- acre fully fenced equipment yard.
Comments: This Chandler walnut orchard is a beautiful orchard that has now proven that it has all the right qualities to look for in an orchard. The right variety, excellent soil and water, great drainage and developed with no expense spared. This property is priced right, only a few years from production and will make an excellent investment well into the future.
|Address:||6001 Sankey Road|